Pack Outing – Tobogganing; February 15, 2020 at the Toboggan Chutes at Cleveland Metroparks, Strongsville, Ohio; 1:00-3:00
On Saturday, February 15th, Pack 3322 will visit the Toboggan Chutes at Chalet Metropark area in Strongsville (16200 Valley Parkway, Strongsville) . It is about a half-hour drive from Hudson. Before you leave, we suggest you call the Park’s hotline, to make sure it is open: ((440) 572-9990 and press option 6). The chutes are refrigerated, so it can operate even if there is no snow. There is no registration for this event. Just come if and when you can. If you want to get there early or stay later, the facilities are scheduled be open from noon until 10:30 pm on Saturday. Our planned activity is 1:00-3:00 pm. There is a $10 charge for kids for all-day riding, and adults are $12. In a nearby building, there is a big fireplace and concession stand serving hot chocolate. So come join us for a fun, family outing. Below are some rules from the website. Please make sure to note the height requirements, the glove requirements, and the possibility of the carry-your-own-toboggan-up-the-hill requirement. Hope to see you there.
- All children must be at least 42 inches tall to ride.
- All riders must wear gloves or mittens (Heavy gloves recommended).
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Cleveland Metroparks is not responsible for injuries or personal property.
- For your protection, height and safety requirements will be enforced.
- No outside food or beverage permitted inside Chalet building
- Ticket sales end one hour before closing
- Riders must carry toboggans to the top of the hill, in the event the toboggan lift is not operating (if it is operating, the lift will take the toboggan up and the staff will load it).