Pack 3322’s September Pack meeting will be held on Friday, October 20th from 6:45pm to 8:00pm at Ellsworth Hill Elementary.
Scouts will participate in jack o’lantern carving contest.
Each Scout/sibling, if desired, should also bring his/her own way of illuminating his or her entry. NO CANDLES, PLEASE. Also, remember to bring the Jack O’Lantern already carved.
The contest’s categories include:
- Best Scout Theme
- Most Unique
- Most Patriotic
- Best Animation or Props
- If anything on the Jack O’Lantern is not from the pumpkin, it will be deemed a prop and will have to go into this category. So don’t prepare a Jack O’Lantern thinking it will be entered into the Scariest category if it includes, for example, plastic vampire teeth, or in the Most Patriotic category if it has a cloth American flag with a wooden handle. Those submissions will have to go into the Best Animation or Props category.
- Best Non Pumpkin Jack O’Lantern (watermelons, gourds, etc.) – NEW category!
- The carved object must be non-flammable.
- Best Sibling Jack O’Lantern
- Can include props.
- This is OPTIONAL. There is no need or expectation for anyone to make two (or more) carvings. If you think you and any sibling would have fun creating one, feel free to participate.
- Siblings will not vote for the winners of any of the categories. Only Scouts vote.