Our first Pack event this year will be a Fishing Derby at Kendall Lake in Cuyahoga Valley National Park
on Friday, September 18th. The event will start at 6:30 and winners of biggest fish, most fish, smallest fish, etc., will be announced right before 7:30. To avoid multiple people using common items, each family will be responsible for bringing its own fishing gear (rods, hooks, bait, bobbers, sinkers, etc.). In Ohio, no license is required those under 16. Others are required to obtain a license. The Pack will station hand-sanitizing bottles throughout the event. Remember, during the entirety of this event, each family will need to remain socially distanced (6 feet) from each other family. We ask that each family closely monitor the members of its family to ensure the maintenance of social distancing, as well as the following of other regulations. A Pack Leader will also be monitoring the event to help ensure compliance with regulations (social distancing, mask wearing, avoiding use of common items). We will also plan to have a Scout BSA attending who will be able to teach–from a distance–those who may have questions about knot tying, casting, baiting, etc.
Prior to leaving, please have each participant go through (and pass) the self-evaluation detailed on the screening form and wash his or her hands.
For those attending, please remember to bring:
- A filled-out Medical Form (just Parts A and B, please; Part C (which requires a doctor’s visit) is NOT needed) for each person who may participate in a Pack 3322 event for this coming Scout year (including those attending the Fishing Derby);
- A filled-out Screening Form for each person attending the Fishing Derby;
- A filled-out Pack Code of Conduct for each family;
- A filled-out Pack Liability Waiver for each family;
- Masks for each person attending;
- Fishing gear (rod, hooks, bait, bobbers, sinkers, etc.); and
- A copy of a fishing license for each person fishing who is 16 years or older.
Scouts should wear their Class Bs.
Remember, if Summit County’s health level changes to a 3 (red) or 4 (purple), the regulations for this event may change or, unfortunately, require the cancellation of the event. So, please continue to monitor the County’s health level
and look for emails from me.